February 16, 2011

AnixSG's Bead Tip

I was watching some videos on Youtube and came upon a very helpful tip for paints from AnixSG.

He mentioned near the end of the video about placing a pair of plastic beads in your paint pots so when you shake it (you shake your paint pots before you used them, right?), the beads inside help mix/agitate the paint better.

Lots of beads - a lifetime supply of cheap paint agitators

It's blurred, but yeah there's a pair of beads in that Skorne Red

As it turns out, I didn't need to buy anything.  The better half has some beads lying around the house (she took on a wedding giveaway project for her cousin recently) which I immediately confiscated and declared for personal hobby use!  As AnixSG instructed, I took two beads and plopped a pair in each of my P3 paints.

She bought those cheap from Divisoria or Tutuban.  I'll ask her for the specific location when she gets back and update this post when I do.

Here's AnixSG's video:


He was prepping up a miniature for chrome (something I should try on a later date).  His tip for the beads are at 2:50.  He has lots of useful vids which I watch to kick my gears to start painting.

[IRY Navarro]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...