February 20, 2011

WMH Game 04: Kommander Sorscha versus Kaya the Moonhunter

Yeah my first pSorscha game for 2011 ^_^

For the Motherland!

I fought off against Karl Manalo (Bakerofish) and his Circle Orboros force last Friday at Lito's Battle Bunker!

I was supposed to run a Forward Kommander Sorscha list that day, but when I packed my eSorscha model, her Frostfang came off again.  And since Kei and Maybelle were waiting for me, I was flipping through my Khador cards, trying to come up with a new list.

Kommander Sorscha, Juggernaut, Destroyer, Widowmakers, Koldun Lord, Great Bears of Gallowswood, War Dog, Fenris, Yuri the Axe, Manhunters (x2)




The next list was supposed to be Kommander Orsus Zoktavir (eButcher), but decided to use the two jacks from the starter box instead.  I only planned to lug around a small toolbox of figs, no more carrying lots of stuff that may potentially get broken or stolen.

So in a matter of minutes, the list evolved into this:


Kommanding Start
Warcaster: Kommander Sorscha
Warjacks: Juggernaut, Destroyer
Units: Widowmakers, Great Bears of Gallowswood
Solos: War Dog, Fenris, Manhunters (x2), Yuri the Axe, Koldun Lord


Karl has been progressing very well as of late in the gaming scene - having won one of the Unstoppable tournaments I've hosted.  He has been playing using a lot of warbeasts and I figured he would have definite board advantage over me with his long threat range.

He pulled off a very long slam from his Gnarlhorn Satyr, which effectively knocked down my Juggernaut and Destroyer.


I got a Whoosh casterkill in.  Yeah shelfing off pSorscha works sometimes, too.  People should be used to the Whoosh already.  But not playing much against a pSorscha force might probably throw them off.

Here is what Karl used that evening:

Force of the Wild
Warlock: Kaya the Moonhunter & Laris
Warbeasts: Gnarlhorn Satyr, Pureblood Warpwolf, Warpwolf Stalker, Feral Warpwolf
Solo: Druid Wilder

More pics of WMH Gaming at the Bunker here.

Edit: More pics courtesy of Maybelle Sy

I really like how my Juggernaut looks on this shot

Karl's aggressive advance towards my Khadoran force

[IRY Navarro]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...