February 27, 2011

WMH Game 06 - Supreme Kommandant Irusk versus Major Siege Brisbane

Open gaming night at the Bunker with me and an infantry-heavy Supreme Kommandant Irusk list. My first opponent that evening was Harold Soon and his Cygnar warjack-heavy list led by Major Markus "Siege" Brisbane.

My deployment line, with eIrusk waving the Khador flag high

The battlefield setup - Cygnar versus Khador

My first turn - I advanced my Doom Reavers behind the church tower to avoid long range shots from Cygnaran shooting



Harold advances his warjacks on my right flank

I kept all the models within 10" of eIrusk to benefit from Total Obedience

One IFP fails his Tough roll after being dropped by a Charger!

I quickly engaged the firing line as fast as I can, but Ol' Rowdy proved to be a very tough nut to crack

Black 13th shoot down my Doom Reavers!

Ol' Rowdy knocks down a lot of my infantry

eIrusk's Desperate Ground plus Battle List solved the knockdown problem

pEiryss' Disruptor Bolt erases Siege's camped focus and the Great Bears deliver the finishing attacks!
Martial Discipline
Warcaster: Supreme Kommandant Irusk
Warjack: Destroyer (bonded)
Units: Great Bears of Gallowswood, full unit of Man-O-War Demolishers, minimum unit of Iron Fang Pikemen with Unit Attachment, Doom Reavers
Solos: Mage Hunter Eiryss, War Dog

Death From Afar
Warcaster: Major Markus "Siege" Brisbane
Warjacks: Ol' Rowdy, Defender, Charger, Hunter
Unit: Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team
Solos: Captain Arlan Strangeways, Stormsmith Stormcaller, Journeyman Warcaster, Squire

Supreme Kommandant Irusk was edging within risky range, surviving shots from the Cygnaran ranged warjacks.  The Doom Reavers were not as successful with their advance but the MOW Demolishers and IFP broke lots of metal under Battle Lust.  Keeping Mage Hunter Eiryss behind the church tower helped a lot, as her delivery of a well-placed Disruptor Bolt on Major Siege under Arcane Shield helped a lot with chipping away at the Cygnaran warcaster's high ARM.

[IRY Navarro]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...