March 7, 2011

WMH Game 08 - Dark Prince Vlad versus Lich Lord Venethrax

Continuing with "playing with stuff at home that I don't play much with", I opted to go for another try using Dark Prince Vlad and just heavy warjacks.  I got to play against Dick Sy and his newly-acquired Cryx army, specifically a shitload of Mechanithralls led by Lich Lord Venethrax!

Lich Lord Venethrax and his minions

Dick Sy and his newly-acquired Cryx army



The Dark Prince and four heavy warjacks

Dick advancing his forces forward

Another shot of the Cryxian advance

An overconfident Dark Prince Vlad, spreading out his forces despite being outnumbered!

Two Kodiaks overextended far off at the Cryxian front

Mechanithralls and a Seether make quick work of a lone Kodiak

Throwing all caution to the wind, Dark Prince Vlad engages Lamentation Venethrax

The Seether picks up the Khadoran warcaster and throws him at one of his warjacks!

Mechanithralls beat down on the other Kodiak!

The Seether walks up and hits the Dark Prince with a Headbutt power attack while Dragon Spawn Venethrax  deals the finishing blow!
Forced March
30PC
Warcaster: Dark Prince Vlad
Warjacks: Drago, Beast-09, Kodiaks x2

Dragon Spawn
30PC
Warcaster: Lich Lord Venethrax
Warjacks: Seether, Defiler, Stalker, Seether
Units: 3x minimum units of Mechanithralls, Necrosurgeon and Stitch Thralls
Solos: 2x Pistol Wraiths, Skarlock Thrall

It was total chaos!  I had anarchy for planning - zero tactical movement, outnumbered and spread too thin, too little guarantee with measurement!  I have several rules of engagement and I disregarded all of them.  Needless to say, I fucked up that game really bad.  BUT, I fought to Vlad's last damage box and gave Dick an honorable casterkill!

I've lost the touch with running jack-heavy lists.  I don't know if I should push further with Vlad or just wait until I finish reassembling Karchev or Butcher.  One thing's for sure -- I need to get some new gold paint so I can finish Beast-09's shoulders (the pics show the 90% completed Beast-09 I play with)

Click here to read Dick Sy's perspective of the battle on his blog, Wolf's Redoubt.

[IRY Navarro]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...