March 10, 2011

Works In Progress, Entry 11

I decided to put some more hobby work in today, and upload some pics I took a few days back.

A good friend, Jake de Jesus, asked to have his Trollblood warlock, Captain Gunnbjorn, painted.  I did paint some Trollbloods for him already (Click here to view), so I already got the paint style down.

As always, I started giving Gunnbjorn a dishwashing liquid bath. I have a steel brush and a denim glove for scrub work.
Here he is assembled, with some small pebbles glued on the base



Get to tha' choppa'!
Half-inch thick foam from NBS and my styrofoam cutter - these will be new hills for RGB
First coating of the Kamloopian Goop. Those Pizza Hut pizza boxes were suddenly very handy.
The Kamloopian Goop tub, a sturdy Nestle ice cream plastic tub
I had to cover it up with several coats, uh I don't remember how many though LOL (IIRC around 3 to 4)
Sand went on the last Goop coat. After that dried, I brushed on the last amount of goop in the tub, adding more strength to the sand on the foam
Some Gatormen; the leader I decided I want a bright green 
Sand, sand and more sand! Lots of it went on the Cygnar Storm Blades, a Journeyman Warcaster, Captain Gunnbjorn, and a "Deathstar" shitload of Winter Guard
My trusty Jollibee spaghetti tub, now filled with Batangas river sand, cracked eggshell and some pebbles

I first knew about the Kamloopian Goop mix from one of terrainoob's videos.  Really effective and money well-spent!

Click here to check out terrainoob's Youtube channel!

Click here to check out Steve the Kamloopian's Goop recipe!

[IRY Navarro]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...